Business Transformation Roadmap
A full Business Transformation effort for mid-sized organizations is a large undertaking that will consist of at least two tracks:
- The identification and execution of A FOCUSED project in the most important IMPACT AREA for the company,
- The ADOPTION of the GROWTH LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK for the transformation on: (1) the change management, (2) the installation of AGILE processes and (3) the alignment of stakeholders.
Client organizations can opt to do a limited set of actions to acquaint themselves with the ideas and processes to pace the transformation to their needs.
The Assessment Phase is internally focused and uses the Eight Digital Growth Factors to develop a maturity diagnosis on organization, strategy, process, systems, and data. The goal is to assess current processes and inventory technical skills, capabilities, and the knowledge base of the company.
02 OPPORTUNITY SCAN
Here we explore the driving forces within the industry, customer knowledge and understanding, the role of the company in the industry environment to ascertain possible areas of disruption, acceleration and new value creation.
Following the Assessment and Opportunity evaluations, Focused Growth Partners, Inc. assembles a workshop with key leaders of the organization. In the workshop, which may cover multiple sessions, we clarify and frame the opportunities available to the organization.
04 BUSINESS CASES
In this phase, we develop business cases for each phase of the transformation process including the initial steps, transformation strategy and longer term outcomes. These cases are developed with these key ideas in mind:
- Relying on Evidence-Based knowledge and capabilities and identifying areas that need testing and verification.
- Design a set of first steps with clear articulation of the ROI of each step.
- Developing a “designed future” for the company in a digitally transformed state. This plan may evolve over time and is critical to help align all stakeholders and activate them appropriately.
The Commitment Phase emphasizes translating the Business Cases into a committed approach by leadership and (if applicable) investors and stakeholders that balances:
- Expected results and outcomes
- Risks and mitigation
- Investment flow
- Evidence-Based capability development and sourcing
- Agile practices and processes needed to build evidence-based innovation
Here, a minimally viable project is started to test ideas within the masterplan approach and confirm assumptions about value creation potential and scale. This phase may include multiple projects working in parallel.
Results from the Testing Phase are translated into a scaled business with emphasis on revenue generation and market dominance. The advantage is safeguarded to solidify leadership position.
08 RE-VIEW, RE-CYCLE
A semi-annual review where the architecture of the project is assessed and redesigned as needed to meet the desired end state. Agility is key.